Dissociation Cards consultation

We've had a number of requests for cards that cover dissociation. We haven't managed to cover all types yet, but here are 3 drafts, covering derealisation, depersonalisation, and dissociative amnesia.

We'd love your feedback before we finalise these, whether you are someone who might use it, or be shown it.
  • Would you find this helpful?
  • Is the information clear?
  • Are any key points missing?
  • Do you have any improvements to suggest?
You can send replies via email, by commenting on this post, or by commenting on the social media post where I've shared this on social media. If you would like to keep your feedback confidential, please comment on this blog, and write CONFIDENTIAL in capital letters at the start - when I manually approve blog comments, I will ensure that all starting CONFIDENTIAL are not published.

2 draft cards with purple borders. Please give feedback by 15th March 2023. Card 1: DerealisationNote: both cards will also be available with striped borders. Sometimes I experience derealisation where I feel disconnected from what is happening around me - as if I’m watching a movie, or there’s fog or glass between me and reality. Objects and colours may seem distorted or alien. When this happens, I may look like I am zoning out, lose track of time and have reduced awareness of what is happening around me. I can't control when this happens. It can make life extra challenging. Please be patient with me.  Please see the back of this card for things that help/more info. With stickman in a bubble. Card 2: Sometimes I experience derealisation where I feel disconnected from what is happening around me - as if I’m watching a movie, or there’s fog or glass between me and reality. Objects and colours may seem distorted or alien. When this happens, I may look like I am zoning out, lose track of time and have reduced awareness of what is happening around me. I can't control when this happens. It can make life extra challenging. Please be patient with me.  Please see the back of this card for things that help/more info. With image of stickman with dotted lines for it's body and limbs.

Card consultation. Please give feedback or suggestions for improvement by 15th March 2023. Note: cards will be also be available with striped borders. Laminated card with purple border. Text: I have dissociative amnesia. I have gaps in my memory which can be anything from seconds to years. I may have no memory of people I’ve met or things I’ve done. I may also have episodes where I can’t remember basic information about myself - including my name, or forget how to do things I can usually do easily. This can be disorientating, frustrating, embarrassing, and scary.  I can't control when it happens. Please be patient.  Please the back of this card for things that help me. With a puzzled stickman.



We also have a card in progress on the 5,4,3,2,1 grounding technique (5 things you can see etc). Following initial social media consultation we will be editing it to make the order clearer - if you would like to see it, you can find it on our timeline on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Posted on the 10th March.

Comments