A busy week!

Last week was busy. Very busy.

Not only am I rehearsing 4 hours/week for "Moving With The Times" (dance choreographed by Mame Yasane) - which of course takes lots more than 4 hours of energy despite my pacing and kipping on the floor several times mid-rehearsal, but I also released some new keyring cards designs.

They were all heavily influenced by requests and feedback from customers. Perhaps the most requested of these is the 'EDS and Local Anaesthetics' card.

Many people with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome struggle to be believed about local anaesthetics being less effective than in most people. I mean, how do you make a dentist believe that you are stating and known medical fact and not just being a paranoidly over-anxious patient? And even if you do hand them medical info of the internet, how often is the response 'well you can't believe everything you read on teh net!'? Fortunately the Hypermobility Syndromes Association has been is Information Standards Certified (meaning that the evidence base behind information provided has been scrutinised to a suitable degree and the NHS is confident that it is up to date and accurate.) so I was able to create a card which just had the basic information - but also refers the reader to the HMSA's IS accredited information - meaning a better chance of being believed.

I am really glad I finally got around to writing the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis card - because it must be one of the most misunderstood conditions out there.

I particularly like is the ASD and eye contact one - I hope it makes a difference to people.


But my overall favourite is the 'Heat Intolerance' - I suspect because it is such a major issue for me personally that I can't wait to have to use it.

Comments