New Wheelchair symbol!

Thanks to Emma for pointing out someone who had 're-done' the wheelchair sign, (http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/02/21/cambridge_artist_sara_hendren_promotes_wheelchair_symbol_update/?camp=misc:on:share:article) I decided that more cheer was needed - and seeing as I have a thing about everyone thinking that as soon as you are proficent on wheels you should be in the paralympics I don't want to strengthen that assumption! - Besides, my shoulders tend to slip out of joint if I race! (I've seen people run for the bus. It doesn't mean they should race Usain Bolt!) Not convinced about the 'super active' version she drew, I've attached my version.


More joy and freedom and, well, real-person-ness to it than the standard one but no racing :D


Unfortunately as a symbol it can't be my standard stickman style - so here is a chunky version especially for all you wheelies who have great personalities and fun and fullfilled lives!


YIPPEE FOR IWD

(Update Feb 2012: I've just blogged about an updated version of this symbol here)


Comments