Monday, 16 July 2012

Book Signing Highlights

Now I've recovered a little from my debut Waterstones book signing on Saturday at The Oracle, Reading, I'll tell you my favourite moments:

1. A 10 year old girl approached me shyly, asking if I worked in Waterstones. We got chatting and it turned out she was an author too - she'd had poetry book published. We talked about writing as a career and about how to get book signings. She was a real pleasure to talk to and I look forward to watching her career. I really hope she gets a signing - I want a signed copy. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nature-Life-Inspirations-Ariana-Jahromi/dp/1466941189

2. Not only was 'You know you've been pushing it when...' popular with teenagers for no other reason that that they found it funny - which means they'll also accidentally be well educated when it comes to wheelchair reality - but two of them, once they'd persuaded their parents to buy it, asked "Are there any more in this series?"

But my best moment of all:
3. I introduced a young family to my books, but with the 2 small boys given free reign to choose one book each from the many available, I left them to it. Later, the Dad came over and chatted to me while his wife and 2 young boys were in the checkout queue. We were interrupted by a shrieking ball of excitement that came pelting across the store waving a book above his head in glee. "I got it!! It's mine Daddy! It's mine!!" 

The book was Biscuit Baking.

2 comments:

  1. You haven't told us the most important bit...which boots did you wear? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only just realised I didn't answer this!! I wore......GREEN!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment, but please note that any offensive or inappropriate comments - including advertising - will be moderated.